Friday, September 25, 2009

TEN TIPS FOR CHOOSING AN ON-LINE BUSINESS

Many of us have lost jobs, lost investments, lost homes or lost value in our homes or trying to get by on Social Security. It seems as if only a miracle will save us. Below I give you ten tips I discovered while trying to figure out what that miracle could be.


But first, a little history...my husband and I will be living on Social Security soon and wondering how on earth we will survive...or maybe that's all we'll be able to do and nothing else.


In the past we successfully consulted physicians and developed a touch screen interviewing system (long before touch screens were common). They called us  MIRACLE WORKERS! We published our own magazine called "The Senior Spotlight" for several years that went all over the world.

Now my husband works at a job he totally hates and sees no opportunity to ever quit! What a depressing future!



Multiple Sclerosis prevents me from working outside the home...but, I can and do use the computer. Always uppermost in my mind was "what can I do to help with finances working at home on the computer?
Everything I looked at didn't provide any training to speak of and I had no idea where to start. First I tried blogging but no one read my blogs, then I joined Twitter and had a little more success but I had nothing for them to buy! Blogging without a product is useless.


I realized I needed more information so I started researching. I checked out many  blogs, sales sites, bookmarking sites, countless articles, social networking sites and more. Whew! But, I did find common successful traits an on-line business should have.


TEN TIPS MY RESEARCH REVEALED: 

  1. No selling! Ever!
  2. No storing products, No shipping.
  3. Passive selling which means signing up for an already developed product (usually information based) and getting paid every time someone purchases or joins.
  4. Choosing a product that has a repeating income flow.
  5. Picking a product related to a hobby or interest, that way you can have fun while making extra money!
  6. Market it through your blog (just write down what interests you). Make friends at the same time.
  7. Having an independent party to handle the sales and payments.
  8. Choose a product which already has a following but not overly crowded with affiliates.
  9. Research to find out what products are HOT now.
  10. Friends and family (especially those tech-savvy geeks in your life) available to help you out if needed.

  








No comments:

Post a Comment